All in all, the firing went well. A few rough spots, but I know it will take several firings for me to really know this kiln. I've used all these glazes in college some dozen years ago, so no real surprises there with the exception of the Lau Lustre Shino. It turned out pretty uninteresting and also crazed on most of my pieces. Also, Rob's Green turned out terrific except on the pieces made out of Helios (if you look close, you can see the mess)--it ran down to the shelf. Now I need to get busy making more pots, so I can fire again soon without forgetting what I learned from this firing.
Eclipse day 2017
1 hour ago