Kiln Door Ideas NEEDED!


Hello!




I am hoping to hear some good ideas for my kiln rebuilding project, and I think this might be the right place. I am rebuilding a soft brick, propane, catenary arch kiln but my problem is the door design.


 In the past I have had a free standing door frame and I have stacked bricks into the doorway. I've seen bricks mortared together into larger units and stacked into the doorway. Any other good ideas?


 I don't want any brick dust in the kiln!


Thanks & I enjoy the blog and would enjoy the meetings but I live a little too far away to drive for the week night meetings. Thanks again, 


Priscilla 

Comments

http://ouwoodfire.blogspot.com/2010/06/devil-cat.html

swinging door. check it out.
John Britt said…
Emily Reason may have a swing door!?
Priscilla Dahl said…
That is a really nice swinging door. What experience have others had with stacking a soft brick door and dust?

Priscilla
Lori Buff said…
Emily does have a swinging door. It looks like a really great idea but I think she had some re-design ideas. Talk to her.