Position Vacancy Description
Position: Part Time Creative Arts Coordinator
Division: Student Development Services
Reports to: Director, Workforce Development
Responsibilities: Establish and supervise Creative Art Programs designed to assist individuals desiring employment, retraining, or certification, for employment enrichment or lifelong learning.
• To develop, implement and maintain quality instructional programs and services.
• To ensure audit compliance with the NCCCS.
• To ensure quality, value-added training to the community at large in the above areas
• Develop and supervise classes in the Creative Arts education program area.
• Work closely with Curriculum Creative Arts Program.
• Study community needs and national trends and techniques to guide organization of new courses
• Promote courses and disseminate information in the community.
• Coordinate course schedules for on and off campus classes.
• Manage and schedule overall facilities and program equipment and supply resources with inventory control.
• Manage and maintain state budget for Creative Arts program area.
• Select and supervise qualified part-time instructors.
• Ensure the currency and appropriateness of educational books and materials
• Develop contracts and agreements for required educational and field experience.
• Register classes and submit registration materials and fees in timely manner.
• Issue contracts and other job related information to instructors.
• Responsible for all course completion reports, attendance rosters, and applications submitted to other agencies.
• Maintain current information on policies, procedures, new techniques, training requirements, and regulations to ensure that all training offered conforms to course specific state and national certification protocols.
• Coordinate educational programs outcomes/performance evaluations based on institutional success factors
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum: Associate Degree.
Preferred: B.S./B.A. with training/specialization in Creative Arts and Community College experience. Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); Typing and Office Management Skills; Skills in communication and problem solving; working with faculty, staff, students, local businesses and community.
SG13; $19.22 - $24.99 per hour
Part-time; 28 hours per week for 12 months; position filled pending budget approval.
Proposed Hiring Date:
February 8, 2012
Deadline to Apply:
January 23, 2012
Human Resource Department
Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
(828) 627-4568. Fax (828) 627-3606
Or contact Terry Gess at 828 565 4159