Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chimney rebuild


Promised this to Will. 

Here is a rebuild for my venturi kiln chimney when I got Bailey Power Burners.

I had too high of a chimney for forced air and it was sucking out all the heat and making the kiln uneven so I had to add reduce the size of the chimney and the height...but needed it still needed to go through the roof. I didn't couldn't add a metal vent because of space and cost....So I added some hard brick soaps on the corners (to shield the meal)and 2 lentils of hard bricks and then restacked the rest through the roof.

It acts like a large passive damper.



No comments: