Asheville Ceramic Artists; need studio help?


 Ready to help you in your studio!


              Hello There!

     I'm Jenay Martin, a recent graduate from the Cleveland Institute of Art majoring in ceramics. I am moving to the Asheville area and will be there to visit and get things settled June 11th-13th and possibly the 14th.


 I am looking to get my hands dirty, help in a studio, gain more experience, be involved with the community, and learn!

 I would also just love to meet more people in the Asheville clay community!!!

  

  I have experience interning for a Cleveland production potter for 6 months doing anything from actually fabricating parts of the work, glazing, packing the work for UPS, running open studios and helping with the occasional sale.

    Also with my background at the Cleveland Institute of Art I have excellent skill in throwing, hand building, plaster mold making, making glazes and clay bodies and knowledge of firing gas, wood and electric kilns. 

   I have taught young artists classes in clay, as well as assisting with adult continuing education classes in throwing and wood firing. As departmental assistant I learned how to maintain and fix kilns, wheels, extruders and other studio equipment.

I would love to get my hands dirty and help out! If you want to meet or have any questions you can contact me at jenaymartinart@gmail.com  or  https://www.facebook.com/JenayMartinCeramics 


Thank you,
                   Jenay Martin

Comments