Clay Club aims to connect potters and ceramic artists of our community. We exchange ideas, share information and form friendships
Friday, June 28, 2019
Clayworks studio manager search
Studio Manager: Clayworks, located in Charlotte, NC, has an immediate need for a full-time, Studio Manager in a fast paced growing organization. This is a part-time position who reports to the Executive Director with a schedule of 40 hours per week. Health Insurance benefits are included and ability to participate in retirement plan, once all requirements are satisfied. The specific days and hours for the position will be determined by the Executive Director in consultation with the successful Studio Manager candidate.
We require a professional with a high degree of attention to detail, entrepreneurial attitude, strong work ethic and discipline. We require excellent communication and interpersonal skills with individuals on all levels coming into our facilities. Experience in kiln equipment maintenance and technical understanding of clay and glaze materials as well as common administrative and accounting tasks are essential. The ideal candidate will have experience in a non-profit arts organization; strong interpersonal skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications and Microsoft Excel software; will be familiar with website and social media tools, such as Facebook and Instagram; and will have an ability to organize work flow and multi-task effectively.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred but not required, or equivalent experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, artists, and the general public.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Provide assistance to the staff in aspects relating to public event planning and educational curriculum for ceramic hands-on experiences, tours, workshops and classes
• Keep track of day-to-day needs of the studio including dry materials, equipment upkeep and maintenance, cleaning supplies, tools, and safety equipment.
For the full job description please visit https://www.clayworksinc.org/employment
Applications should include:
• Cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in Clayworks
• Current Resume
• 3 professional references
Send applications to Adrienne Dellinger, Executive Director, email@example.com
Position will remain open until filled
Clay Club meets at artist studios and other locations throughout Western North Carolina, usually on the second Wednesday of the month. All potters and ceramic artists are welcome! Look for details about the meetings here on the blog or contact Amy Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.