Production Potters Wanted - Motyl Pottery

I run a small pottery based in Weaverville, NC just north of Asheville located inside the Reems Creek Pottery Community Studio. Currently there is just me, Tori, owner and maker, and my studio assistant, Morgan. I am looking to hire some production potters to replicate my forms in their own studio, bisque to 04, and deliver to my studio. The following are items I am currently needing. I am including weight, dimensions, and price I can pay per piece. I will provide clay as well as pre-extruded and cut to size handles. I use B-mix 5 with grog. 

  • Tumblers, 1lb, 4.5t x 3.5 rim, $7
  • Cereal Bowls, 1.5lb, 4.5t x 6 rim, $10
  • Mugs, 1lb, 5.5t x 3.5 rim, handle, $11
  • Dinner Bowls, 2lb, 3t x 7.5 rim, $12
  • Small Bakers, 2lb, 3t x 7.5 rim, $12
  • Soup Bowls, 1.5lb, 4.5t x 6 rim, handle, $13
  • Large Bakers, 3lb, 2t x 9.5 rim, $17
  • Serving Bowls, 4lb, 6t x 6 rim, $20

All of these forms are simple shapes with no foot rings for quick and easy trimming. I am including some images below of the cereal bowl, dinner bowl, large baker, and soup bowl. 

To apply, send an email to, Tori Lynn Motyl at gmail . com, no resume or cover letter needed, and we can set up a time for you to come to my studio, throw some pots together, and if we both feel it's a good fit, we can move forward. 

The ideal candidate is someone who: 
  • Can replicate my form with some practice.
  • Can set realistic deadlines for delivering the bisqueware, communicate those deadlines to me, and communicate if those deadlines need to change due to unforeseen circumstances. 
  • Has access to a wheel and kiln for producing and bisque firing work to cone 04. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Tori Motyl
585 507 5731






Comments