Botanical Bud Vases Workshop-March 16th $100.00

 


Saturday March 16th

2-5 PM

Waynesville, NC

With Christina Bendo

Join me for an afternoon of art making to get in the mood for spring! I will demonstrate the process I use to create the distinctive imagery on my pots using painted wax resist and slips. Taking inspiration from spring ephemerals blooming, cherry blossoms flowering, and bulbs bursting forth from the ground, students will learn to create their own botanical images on both paper and pottery. The workshop fee covers all materials, including ink and paper, a pair of pre-made bud vases for each participant to decorate, and a spread of springy hors d'oeuvres to fuel our explorations! The pieces will be fired after the workshop in the same wood burning kiln I use to fire my work, and will be available to pick up at my studio or can be shipped for a small fee. This workshop is suitable for total beginners, or for clay artists looking to add another technique to their toolbox. Educators and students (high school and above, must be 16+ to take the class) receive 20% off the price of the workshop with the code LEARN.

Sign up here!

Comments