December Clay Club 2010


Had another great clay club this month at Odyssey Center for Ceramics Arts in Asheville! Great crowd...about 40 or so.

 First I want to thank Marian, Jan and Tisha who helped get everything organized, set up and cleaned up.  

And then I want to thank all the demonstrators, Sue Grier, Alex Matisse, Micah Cain, Erin Paradis, Bailey Arend, Mellie Lonneman and Gabriel Kline, who all donated their time to give us some really fine demos. It is great to see a bit of how everyone works and to see all the new talent coming up in the ceramic world. I will get some of the videos out asap.

Then I want to thank Emily for not demonstrating!  (Emily is the one who rigged the dessert voting to screw me out of my rightful title of "best dessert".  She had all her students vote for her lemon bars! ) 

Just kidding, there were some great desserts and we also had a fantastic cup exchange.  

We are looking for topics and venues for next year and will discuss these at the January meeting. (Probably should skip the desserts and go with beer next time!)



Comments