Open Letter From From a Past Clay Coordinator on Penland's Abusive Labor Policies

I was clay coordinator at Penland from summer 2005 to February of 2007. When I left, I was very frustrated with Penland and completely burned out on the situation. I will do my best to stay objective here and lend a little support to the struggle to get Penland to own up to their mistakes. I will also say that I was paid the back pay from overtime that I was owed during the short period of time when Penland was negotiating compensation to coordinators from John's initial efforts on this issue in 2008.

I am glad to see that there are some folks willing to talk about Penland's abusive labor practice openly. I too am having a hard time understanding why the Board and Directors are not willing to readdress.

Lyman Edwards

Comments