Clay Club last night

That was a GREAT Clay Club meeting at Odyssey yesterday! I couldn't believe all the people who came out of the woodwork to watch and participate in the competition. (I counted 60 people at one point) There must have been a lot of “tweeting” going on. The 20-30’s were so well represented and definitely showed their good natured “one-upmanship”. I loved the Olympics theme because it provided an “extreme” group demo experience! The categories were well chosen for good participation, and the prizes really added an unexpected “WOW factor.” Thank you to those who made the prizes available. Thank you, John, for all your work to get it put together. Thank you to the judges who handled all the kidding, with good humor, and good choices.

I would like to send a BIG THANK YOU to the the Pope's who donated the FREE stuff. ... they made such a kind gesture during their difficult transition of moving. They’re an example for the artist community, and will be missed. I genuinely appreciate the jars of cone 4/6 glazes.

I had a great time and the experience was FUN and EDUCATIONAL. I learned a lot, and got the “jump-start” I needed to get back down into the studio and let the delight of working with clay whisk me away into creative adventures yet unknown. Learning I can use my kiln for Raku or horsehair-feather fire is a reassuring discovery. I’m so glad the reclaimed clay didn't get trashed. Thanks for the opportunity to pre-dumpster dive.


Thanks again,

Ann Thayer

thayer.act@gmail.com

Comments