FREE Workshop at Haywood Community College North Carolina




If you are in the area and want a stimulating and informative ceramic workshop ....this is your chance and to top it off it is FREE. Spread the word.


Artist Statement

I suspect what keeps me engaged in the making of pots is the rich history and complex process of ceramics. The materials, kilns, firings, and the rhythm of the studio have become a comfortable part of my life, almost akin to a refuge.

I tend to make complex pots, not understated in form or surface. An interplay between shape and decoration creates a visual tension, which I find to be a rewarding artistic goal. By thinking of pottery as an avenue to explore color, line, surface and form, I have discovered a wellspring of inexhaustible creative opportunities.

Comments

klineola said…
Jeff is a pottery surface genius! If you're into "fast forwarding" your understanding of surface processes, attend this one!
Unknown said…
Does anyone know if there is a registration form for this workshop? I could not find it on https://creativearts.haywood.edu. Thanks!
Amy Waller said…
It looks like it's just open to all - contact Terry Gess (contact info at the bottom of the flyer in the post) to make sure.