Clay Club aims to connect potters and ceramic artists of our community. We exchange ideas, share information and form friendships
Friday, December 23, 2016
Western North Carolina Art in the Park Arts & Community Grant
The Art in the Park Arts & Community Grant is open to individual artists and small groups in Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania and Yancey counties.
The Art in the Park Arts & Community Grant is being offered to qualifying committed artists in Western North Carolina in order to encourage artists to participate in the process of building community through the arts. This grant is sponsored by the Asheville Area Arts Council and Asheville Art in the Park.
Projects considered for this grant should meet many, but not necessarily all, of the following criteria (unless specified):
• Supports or enhances an existing municipal plan or local strategic goal
• Will take place or be presented in public (Strongly Suggested)
• Addresses or ameliorates a social issue
• Builds community and/or encourages community participation
• Provides or enhances an economic development opportunity for an individual artist, group or project
• Enlivens an underused or under-appreciated public space
• Creates neighborhood identity
• Displays excellence in craftsmanship and design (Required)
• Compliments the surrounding environment
• The relationship of the project to community need is well defined
• Applications should be written with a particular project in mind (Required)
• Feasibility of proposed project and likelihood of completion one year from date of first grant distribution check. (Required)
The application deadline is February 15, 2017. There will be an info session on January 18, 2017.
Clay Club meets at artist studios and other locations throughout Western North Carolina, usually on the second Wednesday of the month. All potters and ceramic artists are welcome! Look for details about the meetings here on the blog or contact Amy Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.