Part Time Help Wanted at Woodfired Pottery

PART TIME HELP WANTED AT EAST FORK POTTERY

I am looking for part help, 1 to 3 days a week, at my pottery. The work is all very physical, and a reasonable level of fitness is required by all of the jobs. I am looking for a hard, safe, and self motivated worker who is interested in learning a bit about running a woodfired pottery. Pay will be determined by experience. 10 -15 dollars per hour.

Jobs will include but are not limited to:

  • Careful preparation of clay and glazes
  • Sawing, splitting, and stacking of wood to heat pottey, kiln, and residence. Each firing requires about 4 chords of slaps to be cut, sorted, and neatly stacked. Experience running a saw is preferable.
  • Cleaning kiln shelves and bricks.
  • Weed-eating and general outdoor work
  • Small carpentry projects, competence with power tools a plus
  • Help loading and firing the 35' wood kiln 3 -4 times a year.
East Fork Pottery is located half way between Mars Hill and Marshall and is 35 minutes from Asheville.

Call Alex for more information - 828.689.4109

Thanks!

Comments

Unknown said…
I'd love to do it, but I think I am overqualified and I am in Carson city nevada at this time