Penland Community Open House -- Saturday, March 5

Hello fellow clubbers! I am planning for Penland’s Community Open House 2011 in our beloved clay studio, and I’d like to invite you to join me for a day of creative studio activities. I would love to have you as one of Penland’s many talented, hard-working volunteers! In the clay studio, I need volunteers to work one-on-one with visitors on the wheel to make a small pot. I’ll also need volunteers to work with visitors to make a special little sculpture or figure embellished with natural objects. Our guests are mostly children it’s a lot of fun to see what they come up with!

The Community Open House is scheduled for Saturday, March 5th, with volunteers participating from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. In thanks, Penland will feed you and provide you with a special souvenir apron to keep you tidy in the studio throughout 2011.

The schedule March 5 is as follows:
11:00 am – Setup
11:45 am – Volunteer pizza and soup lunch
12:30 pm – Return to studios
1:00 – 5:00 pm –Visitors arrive, create and have fun
5:00 – 6:00 pm – Clean up

Thank you for considering volunteering! Please call me, 828-765-2359, ext. 29, or e-mail me if you’re interested in helping, clay@penland.org. – Susan Feagin

Comments