Clay Club Review 2- 2012



1.  Yes, we did sell a lots and lots of stuff on the Blog.There were some great deals and a lot of folks made new friends.

2.  We also had some great meetings, like at Alex Matisse's, Emily Reason's, Penland, John Britt's, TRAC, Crimson Laurel -Slide Lecture with Peter Callas, OOAK Gallery, Ron Philbeck talk at Western Peidmont, Mushroom Factory with Lynda Banner, and we started the year at Cynthia Bringles with a demo.

3. We had a fantastic show at TRAC!!!

4. Amy also worked on the possibility of a Collaboration Show but it is still in the works.

4. Lots of new videos from Clay Club demos and random idle chatter videos from a pottery freak (me) . (over 1100 followers and 173,000 views!)

5. Had a lot of kick ass food and posted recipes, I loved the NY Cheesecake as did Emily (See above).

6. Chili Cook-off which Kirk won ---again!

7. Trivia Night with prizes from Lark Books!

8. Had over 500 posts

9.  Had over 588,00 page views and 325,000 visits (since inception) We have been going in this new format for 5 years!!!!!

10 And finally, last but not least, I can't leave out the help that the Clay Club provided to the former Penland Coordinators in getting justice for years of mistreatment, and Federal Labor Law violations. It was a monumental achievement which we are still waiting to have resolved - but I am promised that by February they will wrap everything up. ( We will let you know the final outcome!)

So we will begin again in 2013! 

As always- if YOU or SOMEONE you know, wants to be the New President - Emily is tired of all the work so feel free to step up. I am happy to let someone else take the reins of the blog or organizing Clay Club!!!!!

If anyone had ideas for meetings this year???

Or January?? I was thinking of doing a Clay Olympics???Anyone interested in hosting ??? (or I could do it at my place) or setting up activities? Throwing contests, coil building contests, etc. We have been talking about it for a long time!!  

Let me know soon as it is scheduled for January 9, 2013.


Comments

Emily Reason said…
Saionara 2012!!
Thanks for the good times. I'll be thinking about ideas. Mostly we need HOSTS!
I'll be gone the 9th. Sorry to miss Clay Club this month!
I'll take over as president!!! I think I could do it!!
John Britt said…
Ok. I don't think Emily will mind? It is just an honorary title. But do you want to be more involved? Any ideas?
John Britt said…
Ok. I don't think Emily will mind? It is just an honorary title. But do you want to be more involved? Any ideas?