Custom Google map for Clay Club

Last week I suggested looking into doing a custom Google map of Clay Club member studios. I'm not a Google Maps expert, but I gave it a shot and came up with this:

Clay Club studios


View Clay Club studios in a larger map

This is a trial map with just a few studios, to get an idea of what it might look like. The listing is in alphabetical order using the first name or name of the studio. All but one of the studios have Google listings. Yummy Mud Puddle is the one without a Google listing (at least I couldn't find one), and you might see that this studio info looks different in the list of studios. (The address, etc., is visible for that one studio in the listing, at least on my desktop browser. This map will look different depending on what device, browser, etc., you're using, so you may not see that. I haven't been able to figure out how to get a non-Google listed location to look the same as one that has a Google listing.)

Google introduced a new mapping tool about a month ago. It's more sophisticated than the classic Google Maps, but I couldn't figure out how to get directions in the new version, so this map was made with the Classic Maps tool.

What do you all think?

Comments

John Britt said…
Very nice Amy, Let me look at it more closely this afternoon.
Amy Waller said…
I've added a little info about Clay Club in the map description - also just a first draft and I'd love any feedback and suggested edits. The map link can be shared by anyone and the map itself can be embedded (just click on the link symbol - next to the print symbol - on the map page for both these options). It's currently unlisted (anyone can see it, but only if they have the link) - we can publish it to make it more findable.

If folks like this, I'm happy to take on adding studios - just need the Google Places information if you're listed or contact information (e.g., studio name, address, phone number, website, photo) if you're not.
John Britt said…
Looks great Amy. I will try to post it again and see if anyone is interested. It may take a while for them to get on board but it will be a good thing in the long run! THX

Plus we can send it out for directions to Clay Club.