Toe River Arts Council Artist Resource Center (ARC) Coordinator
and Toe River Arts area Coordinator
This individual handles all day-to-day activities and communication both online and at the Center. He/she maintains site standards and guides new developments as the need arises. The position will report to the Executive Director of TRAC and will work closely with TRAC’s staff and the artists in Mitchell, Yancey, and Avery counties. This is a full time, 35 hour-per-week position—25 hours in the office during open hours, 10 hours flexible according to the events happening; this can also include travel time to studios or working from home online.
An undergraduate degree, preferably in arts administration or management. A minimum of two years of related experience is desired, preferably in the non-profit realm. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines. The successful candidate will have strong editorial and writing skills and an understanding of different audiences and objectives for communicating on the website and in person. The candidate should be proficient with both PC and MAC computers and able to assist those using the resource library with questions about programs and general computer basics. Ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of the region, the artists, and their crafts.
Responsibilities are included but not limited to:
- ARC Coordinator
- Oversee all aspects of TRAC’s Artist Resource Center under the supervision of the Executive Director
- Develop and oversee information on the Center’s website
- Schedule and manage all events held at the center
- Organize and host workshops, community events, lectures, and other happenings held at the resource center
- Assist with preparing annual operating and program budgets
- Oversee resource center volunteers
- Execute monthly reports
- Organize, update, and maintain a physical library and computer lab for artists’ use
- Research, cultivate, and recruit artists to hold workshops in their craft for the community and share business-related skills in classes for artists
- Be a consultant and teacher to the arts community
- Continually identify new sources of artist related suppliers, exhibition opportunities, and various other art related opportunities
- Keep current with other artist resource centers and their programming
Branding Coordinator for Toe River Arts
- Serve as information source and point person in the development of the Toe River Arts area
- Develop strategic marketing plan
- Work with Toe River Arts partners in establishing brand identity, logo, and website
- Work with Toe River Arts partners in the development of marketing materials for the brand and work on a distribution plan
- Coordinate cooperative marketing efforts for area arts groups, cultural events and/or artists
Hours: 35 hours a week (25 will be during regular business hours. Remaining 10 set aside for workshops and events not held during regular hours). The position is made possible by a grant and has funding for the first nine months. Notification in March. No benefits. Salary commensurate with experience – ranging from $12 to $14 an hour.
To Apply: please send resume, cover letter that includes your related experience and skills, salary expectations, and earliest possible start date to: email@example.com
or mail to:
P.O. Box 882
Burnsville, NC 28714
P.O. Box 882
Burnsville, NC 28714
Deadline: February 19.
Include three references. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.