Save money on razor blades





Wanna to save some money on shaving and razor blades? I heard this on the radio one day (Clark Howard Radio Show). You DRY your razor blade. Some use a towel, others a hair dryer. But the concept is that it is the water that RUSTS the blade and dulls it more rapidly.

So I thought that if you soaked it in oil it would not get humidity either(which is what we have a lot of here in the neo-tropical rain forest). So I soaked mine in olive oil since I am using it on my face and 3/1 oil is not cool anymore.

Give it a try. One person used his blade for over a year!

They are expensive. Anything that is locked up at the grocery store is expensive.

Hope it works for you,

John Britt
www.johnbrittpottery.com/wks

Comments

Dan Finnegan said…
I've been saving money on razor blades for years...!
Lori Buff said…
Even if you use really inexpensive blades, or have tons of money and don't care how much you spend on razor blades, this is a good thing to do to help keep razor blades out of landfills and keep that problem a little smaller. It's an easy thing to do & it does work.
John Britt said…
Dan,

But what about the bacteria and food scraps?
Dan Finnegan said…
I find both tasty...an acquired taste!?