Cone 6 Reduction


I'm putting the Bailey through a cone 6 reduction firing mid-May. If anyone wants to test their glazes and toss in a few pieces or test tiles let me know. I spent 7 years working on cone 6 ox glazes, but the lure of this gas kiln is too much. I just have to know what will happen in reduction. It's a crap shoot, but I could get some interesting results.


I haven't been able to track down John's article on cone 6 reduction, and I wasn't able to make it to Korea last week for the lecture. Could anyone pass on the CM article?


This will be only the second time I will have fired this kiln, but I have the manual this time. You can trust me. If you're still unsure, you could stick around for the firing...

Comments

Marian Parkes said…
Kari, here's a link to the article.

http://www.ceramicartsdaily.org/magazines/Ceramics%20Monthly/2008octmidrangereduction.aspx

Hope that helps!
Kari Weaver said…
Thanks for the link!