Greetings from Downunder

Stoneware vase h 34cm Stephen Fletcher
Conical Vase h 22cm Stephen Fletcher
Spherical Vase h 20cm, Stephen Fletcher

Hello Everyone, I’m a newbie on Clay Club so I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself and post a couple of images of my work. I’ve been around clay for a long while. My first solo exhibition was way back in 1978. I was full time for seven years before becoming a senior lecturer in ceramics at Monash University in Melbourne Australia. I gave that away after 6 years and went back to my studio. My last exhibition was in 1996 after which I gave the whole Ceramics thing away for a few years. I came back to the fold last year and set up a new studio in Gordon , a small country town about an hour’s drive west of Melbourne. I’m out of town on a 10acre bush block amongst kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and yes, a few snakes. I make stoneware and porcelain. I’m mainly a wheel thrower but do a bit of hand building and slip casting from time to time. Well that's enough about me. I hope my pioto's posted alright. Check out my website if you would like to see some more. www.stephenfletcher.com.au

Regards,
Stephen

Comments

John Britt said…
Nice Stephen. Thanks for the intro!
Unknown said…
Hi Stephen! I am a fellow Aussie (Newcastle born and raised) and live in the USA (Vancouver, WA) and have done for a long, long time. You work is wonderful.

Pam