Advanced Throwing Class at The Village Potters

-->
Advanced Wheel Throwing, Part One:
“Take it to the Limit”
with Sarah Wells Rolland
Join Sarah and refine your throwing skills, develop your forms, make excellent attachments, alter, stretch, throw in sections, great fitting lids and push the limits of the clay. We will all throw defined forms in order to be adept at moving clay efficiently. Weekly discussions will include critiques and learning to see. Sarah will give input on integrated design and technical considerations. This is a very popular and valuable part of the class.
Class includes 24 hours of Open Studio time, and enrolled students may purchase additional open studio hours for $10/hour. This is a 12-week session.
*Intermediate throwing skills in clay required (please call to discuss any questions)
When: Wednesdays, 9am-12:30pm
Start Date: April 24 – July 17 2019*
*There will be no class on May 15
Where: The Village Potters Clay Center, Asheville, NC
Fee: $675.00
Click HERE to register.
Space is limited to 8 students.
Testimonials:
“I could not have asked for a better teacher. Sarah’s not only informative but positive in her critiques to find something of value in all I did or tried to do.” - Duffy Baum
“Loved the class! Sarah was an amazing teacher. She’s full of incredible expertise and flush with enthusiasm. My throwing improved in leaps and bounds in only 3 months. Highly  recommended!” - Joshua Lewandowski
“This class advanced my skill as a potter quite a bit…we were taught by a master at the wheel whose enthusiasm for her art is contagious…Sarah makes you believe you can do this! Worth every penny!” - William Moore
“I consider myself an experienced thrower, tight, technical and able to manage a lot of clay. I hadn’t been in a class in a while. I just never come across advanced classes. So when I saw this one at TVPCC, I jumped on it. And it delivered! Sarah is a competent and talented teacher, and not shy about saying what needs saying.  Sarah revisits core skills or habits and builds upon these each week, dissecting and analyzing our work, and ultimately stretching our abilities and capabilities. Not just technical skills, but soft ones as well, like attention to detail, balance and linking design elements within and across our body of work. I also learned some awesome new tricks. I am so happy I took this class. I honed my skills, learned new things and gained a critical eye in a way only possible with Sarah’s knowledgeable and honest feedback. Today, I am a better potter. This class was everything I had hoped for, structured and focused yet still loads of fun! I’m so sad it ended. I can’t wait for part 2.” - Pam Witters
“Last summer I had the privilege of taking Sarah Wells Rolland’s 12 week advanced throwing class, which was both challenging and rewarding. Going into the class I could barely center 4 pounds of clay, and by the end I was confidently and efficiently throwing 5 and 6 pounds. The weekly demos and critiques by Sarah and Julia were extremely helpful in examining both craftsmanship and design. Sarah promised me at the start of the class that I would be at least twice as good of a potter as when I came in, and she was absolutely right. Her class was definitely a turning point in my education.” - Rebecca Wilcox

Comments