Penland Potter looking for shelter


Penland Potter looking for shelter:

I want to start by just saying thank you to any of you who are able to take the time read this and consider what I'm asking - I know this is a really trying and stressful time for everyone so I'm not expecting anything, but I thought it couldn't hurt to reach out to people in the WNC clay community and see what comes back.

As I'm sure you have all heard by now, Penland has completely closed down in light of the coronavirus situation. I was here assisting Jenny Mendes for the Spring Concentration and I am trying to figure out what to do.

I moved out of my house in California and drove out here, and was intending to stay on the East Coast for the foreseeable future. I am trying to pursue a career/life in clay, and I want to do everything I can to keep working towards that despite the reality of the moment.

Basically I'm trying to figure out a place to sleep and a way to stay busy for the next month or two. I have a wheel and my own car so I could be relatively self-sufficient, and also am very willing to help out with any studio or home-related work. I'm not looking for monetary compensation, and am willing in able to pay rent depending on the situation. I have professional experience cooking in restaurant kitchens, farming, and some production pottery experience including loading/firing wood and gas kilns (and soda firing).

If anyone of you might be able to work something out, or know someone who might, please let me know!

Wishing everyone health and the ability to maintain a sense of purpose in this time!!

- Miles McCreary
510.908.1580

Comments

cynthia said…
Miles left today to drive back to CA.
Amy Waller said…
Thanks, Cynthia – sorry to hear this. Safe travels to Miles!