Young Individual Seeking Opportunity in Ceramic Apprenticeship

Greetings!

My name is Catherine Siravantha, and I just moved to Asheville, NC recently.  I have taken beginner ceramic classes while in high school and college, and I fell in love with the connection I felt to the earth and my hands while working in the trade.  Since graduating college, I have been removed from the practice with difficulties accessing space and finances to work with clay.  After moving to WNC and being inspired by the amazing ceramicists and potters in the area, I have been deeply yearning to reconnect with, learn much more about, and be able to practice ceramic making again.

I have basic understandings of hand building techniques and have more experience in ceramic sculpture, but I would also love to learn more about functional ceramic making and other techniques as well.  I am a fast and dedicated learner and would love to help with any duties and tasks (general maintenance, mixing glazes, firing kilns, making clay, helping with sales, etc.) in the studio that you may need assistance with.

If you need some assistance in your studio and are interested in taking on an apprentice or just have any general advice for me, please feel open to contact me at the email below—I would be honored to be able to more in-depthly speak with you about both of our interests and needs!  

Thank you so much for reading, and I wish you all well!

Catherine Siravantha
csiravan@gmail.com
csiravantha.com

Comments