Cone 6 is the New Black

I just finished unloading my third cone 6 reduction load and am tickled pink! Not only am I pleased with the pots, but I like finshing a firing my mid-afternoon instead of dinnertime.

I tested a few more glazes and am pretty psyched at how nice some of the glazes are. I've had several cone 10 glazes, including a Temmoku, turn out just as nice in cone 6, well maybe to almost cone 7. The two tiles on the right are a copper red, alone (far right) and with Leach's Satin Clear on top (middle).
I'm firing another cone 6 load next week!

Comments

Unknown said…
Awesome! Those baskets are gorgeous! Do you per chance know of a Cone 6 Shino recipe?
ang design said…
hey a cone 6 tenmoku...sharing time again..i agree cone6 is the new black!! well put..maybe we should have a cone 6 dedicated blog!!. cheers ang
Unknown said…
Ang, there is a Google Group dedicated to Cone 6 reduction.

http://groups.google.com/group/glaze-cone-six?hl=en
Kari Weaver said…
John Britt has posted a cone 6 Cherry Blossom Shino recipe on this blog and we tested Malcolm's shino in a workshop last spring. Try looking back to posts in April or May. Otherwise, maybe John will post again.

Thanks for the compliment about the baskets. I am loving making them right now!