Shake and Bake























I just put up that Frank Boyden Shino recipe because I returned from several workshops in St. Louis and some people wanted the recipe.

I did a Reed Handle Making Workshop at Krueger Pottery Supply which also turned into a general glaze discussion and basic throwing demo.

Krueger is a great place to visit because they are very nice ...but also they have FREE workshops !! Check it out.

http://www.kruegerpottery.com/


I also did a day at St. Louis Community College/ Meremac for Jim Ibur's classes. They really have a huge selection of kilns/glazes, techniques, etc. Jim is really working it!

But the real reason I was there was that Jill Foote/Hutton invited me to come to East Central College to talk/demo at her class. She was a great host and is really trying to improve her program for her students. She set everything up for me and picked me up and basically treated me like a rock star! Even red M&M's in a glass bowl!

Anyway here is another Shake and Bake only this time I put on extra ash,

John Britt

Comments

Tracey Broome said…
John thanks for posting this shino recipe. I made a bunch of little bowls today and I am looking for some shino recipes. Also, testing some of the glazes in your book! Fuck earthenware, too fussy! (excuse my potty mouth, but that's how I'm feelin' right now! :)
John Britt said…
Yo, just geter done!
klineola said…
Who's making nice pots?!?!
Kelly said…
That is a lovely piece!!
Unknown said…
John, is the cup above the FB shino, too? Or is it just the teapot?