Clay Club at East Fork Pottery Feb. 16th
Greetings and Salutations,
I just wanted to officially invite everyone out here to eastern Madison County this Wednesday for clay club at my place! I am going to pretend it is summertime and fire up the old pig cooker and bbq a few chickens. Aim to arrive around 6 and we will do a quick tour of the work shop and kiln and then go down to the house to eat and drink and be merry.
- If there is interest I would love to do a short coil and throw demo. I will be making big pots this week and so there will probably already be a pot on the wheel. But only if there is interest.
- If people want to bring side dishes and/or beverages that would be fantastic. I will have some beer and wine on hand but it has never hurt to have more of either.
- A last note would be to bring shoes you don't mind getting muddy. The workshop is still a bit of a construction site and if the weather is rainy or warm there will be mud. If you are lucky I might make a few more walk boards to avoid that "old mountain black dirt".
It is a quick 35 minutes from Asheville.
Directions are as follows:
- From Asheville head out of town on 26 towards Johnson City.
- Take Exit 11 and turn left.
- Head through Mars Hill and stay on 213.
- Once out of town continue about 3 more miles and at the bottom of a large hill take a sharp right onto Bone Camp
- Follow Bone Camp another mile or two, over and down a large mountain, until it goes over a small bridge and dead ends into East Fork Rd.
- Turn Right onto East Fork.
- Take your next right onto Ras Grooms Rd and follow until the pavement ends at my mailbox. My driveway is on the right and there is a small white farmhouse with red trim.
Hope to see you all there! Give a call if you get lost or have and questions 978.660.8032
All the best,