Monday, February 18, 2019
Accessibility 101 workshop for artists and other businesses and organizations
Monday, February 25th, 2019
Burnsville Town Center
6 South Main St.
Burnsville, NC 28714
From the email announcement:
Toe River Arts, in partnership with Arts Access, NC State Arts Council and the Mayland Small Business Center is pleased to offer Accessibility 101, a workshop that will enable business and cultural organizations to better include people with disabilities. The workshop content is targeted for business owners, artists, administrators, board members, volunteers, ushers, teachers, and front line staff.
We especially welcome organizations who are just beginning to address ADA accessibility issues!
Participants will learn about:
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) overview and how it impacts arts organizations
• Common accommodations for customers with disabilities
• Sensitivity and disability etiquette in communications and offering assistance
• Emergency procedures and safety issues
• Steps for writing your organization’s ADA plan
Let us know if you need an ADA accommodation when you register (ASL, Large Print, etc)
Registration Fee: Waived
More info and registration: https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=310390045