Selsor Copper Red Cone 6

Here are some glaze tests from the Atlanta Workshop at MudFire.

I took the Selsor Base (listed below) and added 1.5% Tin Oxide and to that I added 0.5% copper carbonate, 1.0% Cu C, 1.5% CuC, 2.0% CuC, 2.5% CuC respectively.

This is the back side. The reduction was a bit spotty but it allows you to see it going progressively greener with the copper carbonate additions.

I also painted on India Ink on the second tile from the right to see crazing.


















This the the front side.

Selsor Base Cone 6 Reduction
56.25 Nepheline Syenite
12.50 Gerstley Borate
10.41 Whiting
20.83 Silica

I like the Selsor Base with 1.5% Tin Oxide and 2.0% Copper Carbonate.

I will post some other variations that were nice, like the above with 2% Titanium Dioxide.


John Britt

Comments

Judy Shreve said…
these are brilliant -- you are such a smarty-pants to get this ^6 reduction moving along. Sorry I missed your class at Mudfire.
John Britt said…
Judy,

Sorry we missed you. I really just try lots of stuff. No biggie.